Thursday, October 18, 2012

Capture Your Grief

As you can see, I haven't continued posting the remaining Capture Your Grief posts.  I posted on a few other days, but I have chosen not to continue with this project.  It is just too much.  Grief surrounds us at every angle of our life.  We are part of this "club" no one wants to be in and yet we are stuck. 
There are 3 people I know and am following, 2 of which are babies, who are fighting for their lives.  There are so many hurting people in the world, and I am choosing to focus on the HOPE I cling to--the Hope that one day we will be a complete and united family. 
There were days in this journey that the posts were applicable but there were also days that weren't applicable to me.  I don't have a "sign" that I associate with Callie.  There were posts that I was looking forward to-about birthday/anniversary celebrations and family pictures, but this is the choice I have made. 
It isn't that I don't think about Callie or want to think about her--it is quite the opposite--but I cannot force myself to go back and recount every detail.  It is too painful.  I would rather choose to remember the precious few moments we had with her and not focus on the time I didn't get to have with her. 
I hope you understand, but I'm not sure you will, and that's ok.  You see--this was a journey for me--and it was part of my grief journey.  Of course, I will continue to blog about Callie--but it is going to be on my own terms and in my own time.  Maybe I will keep the suggested topics and post now and again. 
Please, if you ever have questions for me for yourself personally or a friend, I'm always here. 

No comments: