Monday, October 1, 2012

Capture Your Grief Day 1

Sunrise (Daybreak)
 
The month of October I have decided to be part of a project called "Capture Your Grief".  Each day there is a subject to photograph or post.  Today's subject was sunrise, fitting as the project is beginning today. 
 
I didn't have a great view of the sunrise.  So I chose to take a picture of daybreak.  It reminded me of the song "Morning Has Broken".  I remember after losing Callie that nightime was the worst.  When I closed my eyes, I re-lived everything.  I was so exhausted yet as night drew near, I dreaded getting in bed.  It was such a relief when morning arrived.  The darkness was gone.  A new day had begun. 
 
I don't know what I hope to gain by participating in this project, only that I may continue one day at a time, on this grief journey.  Feel free to check out the other people participating:
 
Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.
 
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day.
 



1 comment:

Missy J said...

Beautiful...Thanks for sharing your journey...each one's grief is their own but there is hope in sharing the journey.