Monday, April 20, 2009

Radio


Something really weird happened today. A couple of our local radio stations will dedicate a day to someone who has paid for the day. They always give a cheesy message along with their thanks. As I was driving I heard these people's message and they said that they were grateful for their granddaughter Callie Grace. My heart just stopped. I have never heard my daughter's name as another name. I've heard Callie before but not Callie Grace. It was really hard! It has made me think about her all the more today. As my son Corban approaches his 1st birthday in a few weeks I am reminded of all the blessings that we have. He is a living miracle and is such a joy. I can't help but wonder what kind of trouble the two of them would have gotten into! I miss Callie terribly but enjoy every moment with Corban and try to continually remind myself of the gift I have been given in Corban.

2 comments:

Matt Hart said...

Mindy,
Corban is a blessing and I know that you are as thankful for him as I am. He truly has blessed our lives and I can't remember what life was like before him. I know that it is hard when you think about Callie as it is with me. Sometimes we don't know what will trigger the emotions or the thoughts but we do have the hope of being reunited with our little girl in heaven one day. I'm so glad that I am able to journey through my life with you and look forward to many more great years.

-Matt

Anonymous said...

Wow it has been a while since I checked your site. I am sorry it is very tough when these emotions come up I had a dream a few days ago out of the blue about my son Josh. I guess it is because May 4th is my first sons bday. All we can do in times like this is focus on God. I also remember God and my sons are looking down and watching me thay don't want me to be sad. If just one person can find comfort or even Christ in my story then my sons life was not on vain. Well I will check again soon I will be praying for your comfort on my husbands iPhone having trouble typing. Fill free to email me if you need to talk. mary@gfc-flint.com